Te Rokohira – kia hau te roko, kia hira te roko, kia roko mai te ao.
The Te Rokohira Degree Scholarship is for someone wishing to study the Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications at the New Zealand Broadcasting School.
This is an opportunity for a proud Ngāi Tahu descendant to become a community-focused creative writer helping to tell the stories of Ngāi Tahu.
There is one scholarship available.
Applicants for the scholarship will:
- be a registered Ngāi Tahu whānau member.
- be committed to Te Reo me ōna tikanga.
- have an understanding of the history of Ngāi Tahu.
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
Annual Renewal Criteria
- recipient must pass all courses in the programme of study and meet all pre-requisites.
- recipient must pass annual review of work experience with Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu.
Please contact Ngāi Tahu on 0800 KAI TAHU to register your intention to apply for the scholarship. Ask for Julian Wilcox or Nicole Bowden. You can also email them on firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
You then need to complete a full application to the New Zealand Broadcasting School. Click here to apply.
This scholarship will cover tuition fees for up to two and a half years of full-time study. Additional discretionary assistance may be available to contribute towards course materials.
The scholarship will be awarded as part of the NZBS application and selection process. Recipients will be advised as soon as possible after their acceptance to study at the New Zealand Broadcasting School. Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu will be a part of the interview programme to select the recipient of the scholarship.
- The recipient must accept holiday work experience opportunities as directed by the funder.
- The recipient must undertake an internship in the 3rd year as directed by the funder.
- The recipient must undertake some study in te reo Māori, me ōna tikanga.
Applications close: 30 September 2017